Bex Blargh

For more personal rants and raves, see my other blog at http://bexblargh.blogspot.com/.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Whatchoo workin' on?

First of all, thanks to those who took part in the "guess the sex of the baby" poll on my baby site. If you haven't done so, please click on over and also register to win a free bookmark. The details are all on the previous post!

Second, I finished up another zombie themed piece but will post pics as soon as I get a nice frame for it. It took me a few weeks to do because the font was a little larger than what I normally do. I hope you like it!

Third, I just started a cute puppy piece for the nursery. This is a free pattern from a gal at French Knots. So far I have only transferred the pattern to a piece of muslin, so it will finish in a size of 7 inches by 5 inches. I may frame it or stretch it over a canvas. This is the first time I transferred a pattern using the Sulky iron-on pens. Normally I use a washable pen and transfer the pattern using the window as a light box. However it has been cloudy all day and my shoulders ache terribly.

So far, so good! This is very easy to use. Just read the directions first, like how to get the ink started the first time you use it. When I printed the pattern, I reversed the image first. Then I traced it.


Then I laid the pattern, ink side down, onto my fabric and ironed it at a high heat setting. Be sure to turn the steam off on your iron. You don't have to do it for long. Sulky suggests just 30 seconds, gently moving the iron around the pattern. It also says you can use the same pattern a few more times before it won't transfer anymore.


The directions also state that you should wait a few days before you wash the fabric. I usually wash things out after I'm done stitching.

I decided not to be anti-feline in our nursery after digging out a couple pieces that hung in my own bedroom when I was little. My mother did these for me and they are a bit stained but so dang cute. I've decided, boy or girl, that a nursery with blue accents is just fine by me. I had a blue room and turned out fine! (I think.)


I don't know how to make the cute little ruffles around the hoop like she did but maybe I'll figure that out someday.

And finally, I won a giveaway from my friend Lisa on her blog site. She sent me some divine French Chocolate Mint tea and the cutest little stitch to help keep me smiling. For those who don't follow my personal blog, my dog Sadie passed away and I've been self-soothing with ice cream. Bust my head open and soft serve will come pouring out.


Isn't that cute? What a sweetie!

So what is everyone else working on? Leave a link to your blog if you have some works in progress going on!

Thanks and happy fourth!

Tschus. :)

3 comments:

  1. The puppy is too cute. I'm jealous of the tea you won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much squeeee here! Love the puppy pattern. Love the cats your Mom made. Love the ice cream stitchery that Lisa made! Oh heck - SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute---the puppies and kittehs will be so cute in the nursery! I've never tried Sulky myself but maybe I'll give it a whirl some day. I am currently working on the EFU swap piece and I'm working on a new painting... here http://crystal-fiberartsy.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-process.html

    ReplyDelete