Bex Blargh

For more personal rants and raves, see my other blog at http://bexblargh.blogspot.com/.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mish mash finished

I have a few things that I've finished FINALLY that I can share with you!

First the puppy is now stretched on canvas and has a loop attached for hanging. I plan on doing one more similar puppy to match.

Finished puppy

Finished puppy

The back of the canvas. I stitched and glued a pink gingham ribbon to hang it. This was super quick to make. The reason it took me so long to post this was because I didn't have a canvas on hand. I made the image 5 x7 on my printer and bought a 6 x 9 canvas so it would be just a bit bigger than my finished image.

My first onesie project

This is my first baby onesie that I've stitched on. In fact, it's the first tshirt material I've ever used. The stabilizer and patterns are from Sublime Stitching. It's a little plain; no embellishments.

For the baby

And this dragonfly was a pattern I obtained from About.com! The lovely Connie G. asked for some stitchers to do some of her patterns and this is the first one I chose to do. I added a fourth color to play with the wings a little. I'll hang this in the baby's room too.

And this piece is part of a larger project in the UK. Each stitcher has a phrase from the definition of the word "fractal." You can see the entire phrase here.

A Myriad Possibilities

This was the phrase I was assigned. It actually looks very pretty in person but the mobile phone photo is pretty washed out. It's royal purple for the letters and then a rainbow to give it a little flair. I really like the font.

Finally, I finished and framed my Fido movie quote:

BLAM!

This is available for sale in my Etsy shop if you are interested! I loved stitching this one up as I enjoy brains and splatter.



Whew! That's it for now. Next up include a vulgar meme, a puppy, a lady bug and another Boomstick for my first sale on Etsy in about four months! Good thing it's too hot to do much else other than stitch. :)

Tschus!

5 comments:

  1. I am going to slowly back and really look at these fun posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--that movie looks great!! I love all your pieces--really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all wonderful! You know I love brains and splatter too. I couldn't figure out how you were gonna stretch the puppy on canvas. I like it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! Lucky baby having a mama who hand-makes things. :-)

    ReplyDelete