Bex Blargh

For more personal rants and raves, see my other blog at http://bexblargh.blogspot.com/.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bex vs. The Solicitors

This past year we've had a lot of people coming to the door to sell this and that. I hate getting stuck talking to them and a couple I've had to almost argue with to get them to realize NO means NO. NO also means GO AWAY. I've seen No Solicitation stickers on people's front doors and they look so unattractive. But I need something to get these sales people to stop coming to our home. So I decided to make something Bex style.

Here is what I made to advertise our "no solicitation" policy. I need to get an appropriate frame and hang it on the front door. The biggest problem with displaying this on my door is that the front of the house faces west. In the summer, the heat and light is very intense on that side of the house. It would only take one season for the fabric and threads to fade considerably. So I guess I'll keep it by the front door and if someone rings the bell, I'll just shove it in their face. Maybe bare my teeth too.

I hope you like it! I put it in my Etsy shop just in case anyone wants one. I'll make them to order instead of creating several to have on hand. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I think you get your point across! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the zombie is achompin', the Jehovah's won't be knockin'. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could hang this by your door, take a picture every year, and hang the picture in your door... ;)

    ReplyDelete