Bex Blargh

For more personal rants and raves, see my other blog at http://bexblargh.blogspot.com/.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Another puppy!

I keep going back and forth between the silly and gross and the cute. I did another puppy for the baby's room. I'm not sure how much more to do so I might wait until we get the room painted and set up before I do much else.

By the way, any good ways to hang things by ribbon without putting a nail in the wall? Seems a shame to get the room all nice and painted and then put holes in the walls. Also I'd like the flexibility to rearrange the art work over time. I know there are non-permanent sticky hooks (for lack of a better description) but they are kind of large. Maybe there are smaller versions?

So here is the Scotty dog, looking all prim and proper. Again, I got this from French Knots.

Embroidered Scotty

Embroidered Scotty

I wish I hadn't continued the thread near his neck but oh well. I still like this little guy!

So there ya go! I finished the stitching a while ago but finally got off my lazy behind to stretch it over the canvas. I think the next project will be another humorous piece using an established pattern.

Stay tuned!

Tschus.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have any advice for hanging it sans nails, but oh my gosh, this is sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's really light you could hang it with sticky tack. Like in college. Heh. It leaves grease marks on the wall after awhile though.

    ReplyDelete