Bex Blargh

For more personal rants and raves, see my other blog at http://bexblargh.blogspot.com/.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Cutest embroidered pigeon!

I am happy to participate in the May Phat Quarter swap again. My swap recipient hasn't seen it yet but I don't think she reads my blog so we're all good.

My person told me she enjoys children's books and mentioned Mo Willems. Not having kids yet, I had to do a Google search and this is the image I chose:


It's been a while since I did a tinted linen piece but it was like riding a bike.

This was my first attempt, btw:

1898 January/February Antikamnia Calendar

I started by printing off the picture, tracing the outlines with a black sharpie and then hanging it in a sunny window. I put the fabric over the image on the window and traced it with my washable marker. Then I colored with my crayons and pressed the fabric until the crayon had set.

Tinted embroidery

Traced and tinted

Tinted embroidery

Close-up of the tinted piece

Tinted embroidery

I used stem stitch, satin stitch and back stitch

Tinted embroidery

Touched up, washed, ironed and mounted to an acid-free 8x10 board, ready to pop into a frame

If I hadn't been so busy with housework the last few days, this really would have only needed two days to do. I'm really pleased with it and am excited to do some cute pieces for our nursery. Hope you enjoyed checking this out!

Happy Memorial Day, tschus!

2 comments:

  1. It is adorable!

    What do you use to put the piece on the acid-free board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky, I use a self-sticking mounting board that I get from Hobby Lobby: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/self-stick-mounting-board-311720/

    ReplyDelete